In this digital era, social media plays an important role for connecting with your audience, customers and followers, so it’s vital for companies and professionals to maintain a strong social media presence and visual brand through beautiful graphics and great user experience.
According to a survey done by Buzzsumo, Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images. However, creating beautiful graphics and visual content for businesses and individual can be a challenge, as hiring a dedicated graphic designer is costly and is not feasible.
The internet today is filled with various graphic design tools that allows you to easily create visual contents such as product images, social media ads, presentations, flyers or posters etc. When it comes to choose the best online graphic design tool among these, there are two popular tools called Canva and Adobe Spark.
Both of these online graphic design tools allows you to create visual content with ease have great numbers of useful graphics, templates, and features to help you create incredible designs. In this Canva vs Adobe Spark comparison, we will find out which one is best for you?
- 1 What is Canva?
- 2 What is Adobe Spark?
- 3 Canva vs Adobe Spark: Ease of Use
- 4 Canva vs Adobe Spark: Design Templates
- 5 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Customization Options
- 6 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Social Shares
- 7 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Printing Services
- 8 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Web Designing
- 9 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Video Editing
- 10 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Integrations
- 11 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Pricing
- 12 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Customer Support
- 13 Canva vs Adobe Spark : Conclusion
- 14 Canva Vs Adobe Spark: Final Verdict
What is Canva?
Canva is an online graphic design tool where you can create any type of beautiful graphic design for websites or social-media within few minutes. Canva allows you to create various types of visual content such as social media graphics, animations, banner, advertisements, flyer, posters, invitations, business card, presentations, gift certificate, blog images etc.
Canva has thousands of pre-made templates, 4+ million free photos and images, unlimited team collaboration, premium stock images, icons, and other elements. The Canva editor comes with many wonderful features such as photo straightener, image cropper, add text to photos, image blur & enhancer, photo frame, sticker, speech bubble maker etc.
Using Canva also you can create all type of social media graphics, animations, banner, advertisements, flyer, posters, invitations, business card, presentations, gift certificate, blog images and export files in many formats such as PNG, JPG, PDG, MP4 etc.
Features Of Canva
Some features of Canva are as follows:
- Easy To Use – Canva is an easy-to-use graphic design tool with 60,000+ free templates.
- No Download Needed – No need to download any software: Canva works from any modern browser, without any special requirements.
- Professional Templates – Thousands of free templates, free photos, videos, backgrounds, and animations for both paid and free users.
- Integrations – Fully integrated with tons of third-party apps, social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, stock platform like Pexels, Pixabay etc
- Publish Directly – Publish directly to social media – or download your designs as images, PDF documents, or videos
- Organize Folders – You can organize your work into folders, as well as upload your own visual elements and fonts.
- Team Members – Invite up to unlimited team members to collaborate with you on designs (available in Canva Pro).
What is Adobe Spark?
Adobe Spark is also an online graphics designing tool that offers few extra features such as video and web page designing. Adobe Spark allows you to create stunning graphics with no experience in graphics design. It also allows creation of web design projects and video content without any design background.
Using Adobe Spark, those with little or no design experience can also create graphic design or curate contents for their business and grow their brand effectively. Adobe Spark is a collection of three tools – Adobe Post for graphics, Spark Page for web pages, and Spark Video for all your video creation needs.
Adobe Spark has thousands of pre-made templates for graphic design, video stories and web pages, that you can use to create design for your business. The best part is that you can create remarkable graphics, videos and web pages in the visual method using their editor.
Features Of Adobe Spark
Some features of Adobe Spark are as follows:
- Professional Themes – Adobe Spark provides you thousands of pre-built professional templates for design, web and videos that you can use in your projects.
- Beautiful Typography – You get access to thousands of free images and icons for your designs.
- Quick branding – Adobe Spark allows you to set up your branding, which will be automatically applied to your graphics.
- Instant resize – Adobe Spark offers instant resize feature, which means create one design and instantly resize it for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in one click.
- Design sync – You can access Adobe Spark from mobile app or website, and It automatically syncs all your design between their web tool, android app or IOS app.
Canva vs Adobe Spark: Ease of Use
Both Canva and Adobe Spark are easy-to-use graphic designing tool and offers easy setup process. All you need is to create free account on either Canva or Adobe Spark and you are ready to create beautiful graphics designs.
Canva has one of the easiest user interface that makes it easy to use even for the beginners with zero design skills. Its drag and drop editing features and loads of templates makes it easy to create any design simple.
You can start with a blank project or select a pre-built template to create any designs you want. The drag and drop features makes it easy to edit or add any images, texts, font, size, background effects, elements and many more.
You can easily drag and drop elements to create the design to suit your needs, its UI is smoother and more intuitive. Both Canva and Adobe Spark can create the same final result, but Canva is far better and quicker.
Adobe Spark is also an easy to use online graphic designing tool, and has a similar graphic design editor as Canva, but is slightly slower and lags while editing the designs.
Adobe Spark interface is also as clean as Canva and allows you to easily drag and drop elements, text, or media files to your designs. Both tool provides various editing features such as stickers, elements, logos, animation options, backgrounds, and more.
Verdict – Ease of Use
Both Canva and Adobe Spark are easy to use and have drag and drop design editor, but Canva has slightly edge on it. So for ease of use my recommendation will be Canva.
Canva vs Adobe Spark: Design Templates
Both Canva and Adobe Spark have thousands of free templates to choose from. Both tools provide great-looking design templates that are designed by professional designers.
Canva has over 420,000 design templates in various categories such as Presentations, Infographics, Instagram stories, Zoom virtual backgrounds, Business cards, Logos, Cards. Flyers. Presentations. T-shirts. Posters etc. to choose from.
Apart from this, Canva also offers over 3,500,000 graphic elements, more than 21,000 videos templates, 60 million + images, illustrations, vectors etc. and a professional brand kit to help you stay consistent with your branding.
On the other hand, Adobe Spark has over 41,000 design templates in various categories such as Social graphics, Flyers, Logos, Videos, Banners, Posters etc. that you can utilize for your design.
Apart from this, Adobe Spark also offers Web page design capabilities, Custom brand designs, video creation capabilities, Importing and recording of audio files etc.
Verdict – Design Templates
Canva offers almost 10 times more design templates than Adobe Spark and also has more design categories than Adobe Spark.
Canva is clearly a winner in design templates.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Customization Options
As both Canva and Adobe Spark have tons of design templates to choose from, now you only needs to customize these templates to create your desired design.
Canva provides multiple customization options to create excellent designs. Its photo editor is easy to use, and you can easily drag and drop any image in the editor to start creating your design.
Adobe Spark also offers various features and customization offers to create the desired design you want. Let’s check the customization options available with both Canva and Adobe Spark.
Canva vs Adobe Spark – Common Features
- Background remover – Both Canva and Adobe Spark allows you to instantly remove the background of an image with just a single click.
- Resize designs – Both Canva and Adobe Spark allows you to resize the design in various content formats.
- Collaboration – Both Canva and Adobe Spark allows you to collaborate with others to work on designs.
- Custom branding – You can set you brand’s custom colors, logos and fonts in both Canva and Adobe Spark.
- Create folders – Both allows you to create folders and sub-folders to organize your designs.
- Animation styles – Canva offers 13 types of animation styles that you can choose for the entire design, a specific text, or an element. Adobe Spark also has 13 animation styles (7 for text and 6 for photo background) that you can choose for the entire design only. Adobe Spark doesn’t offer animation style for a specific element.
- Supported download file types = Canva allows you to download your design in 7 file formats as a PNG, JPG, PDF, SVG, MP4, and GIF. Whereas, Adobe Spark allows you to download your designs in 4 file formats as PNG, JPG, PDF, and MP4.
- Upload photos, videos, audios, and fonts = Both tool allows you to upload your own fonts, photos, videos, and audios.
Features unique to Canva
- Content planner – Canva has an excellent feature called content planner, which helps you schedule social media content up to 7 platforms. You just need to create the design, add them to your content planner, choose a specific date and time, and Canva will automatically post your design for you.
- Design and comment in real-time – Another unique feature that Canva offer is to let you or your team member add real-time comments on designs, reply to, and tag each other within your designs to give feedback or suggestions.
- Set-download quality – Canva allows you to set the quality of your design while downloading them, you can set them to low, medium or high quality.
- Download designs as vectors (SVG) – Canva also allows you to download designs in SVG format so that you can have same design quality irrespective of the screen resolution on image size.
Features unique to Adobe Spark
- Editor for creating web pages – Adobe Spark offers a separate editor for creating beautiful web pages.
- Record audio while editing videos – Adobe Spark also enables you to record audio while editing videos.
Verdict – Customization Options
Both Canva and Adobe Spark has great customization options to customize the design templates to match your design needs. But Canva outperforms Adobe Spark by offering more customization options,
Thus, Canva is a clear winner in customization options.
Nowadays, everyone uses social media to showcase their talent and meet new friends and followers. So, after you have created your design, its important for an online design tools to offer you social share feature.
Canva enables you to share your work on various social media platforms like
- WeChat, etc.
On the other hand, Adobe Spark allows you to share your design on following platforms:
- Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
You can use both Canva and Adobe Spark to share your designs to various social media platforms. But Canva again offers more social media platforms to share your work.
Again, Canva is a clear winner in social share.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Printing Services
Printing services means using these tools you can use your created design to print it on various items like mugs, photo-books, t-shorts etc. and let it deliver to your doorstep.
Canva offers printing services also along with creating beautiful designs. They can print and deliver your designs to you at your doorstep.
You can select a designer made template, customize it as per your needs, and Canva will print it and deliver it to your doorstep. They have partnered with excellent print providers to offer you great print quality. They deliver a product between three and five days and provide order tracking as well.
Adobe Spark doesn’t offer printing services yet.
Verdict – Printing Services
Adobe Spark doesn’t offer printing services, whereas Canva can print and deliver your designs to you.
So, Canva is a winner in printing services.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Web Designing
Adobe Spark helps you create beautiful, professional-looking, and responsive web pages without any programming or design skills. Adobe Spark Page is a tool that allows you to create one-page web design such as portfolios, resumes, presentations, blog posts, and photo galleries.
Canva doesn’t offer web designing feature.
Verdict – Web designing
Canva doesn’t offer web designing feature, whereas you can use Adobe Spark to create beautiful responsive webpages
So, Adobe Spark is a winner in web designing.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Video Editing
Video contents are one of the best ways to engage with your audience and is an effective way of marketing. Both Canva and Adobe Spark lets you create videos and save the animation as MP4 videos.
Canva video editor allows you to add images, text, and basic overlays to connect multiple pages within one design to produce as a video. The video editor lets you do basic customization and the options are limited.
Adobe Spark offers more features when it comes to video editing, as it also allows you to import and record audio onto your videos. You can add audio tracks to the video from a couple of dozen free tracks provided, or even add your own music.
Verdict – Video Editing
When it comes to video editing, Adobe Spark has an upper hand over Canva, as it offers more features.
So, Adobe Spark is a winner in Video Editing.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Integrations
Canva is integrated with huge numbers of third-party apps and social platform. You can connect with stock-free image apps like Pexels, Pixabay, emojis, Instagram, and more to access the larger library of free stock images and characters.
Canva integrates with many third-party apps like:
- Google Drive
- Social Media Platforms
- And Pexels, etc.
On the other hand, Adobe Spark integrates with:
- HubSpot CRM
- Adobe Product Suite
- Canvas etc.
Verdict – Integrations
Both Canva and Adobe Spark offers numerous useful integrations.
So, it’s a tie in integrations.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Pricing
Apart from the features, pricing is a crucial point while selecting any online tool. Both Canva and Adobe Spark offers two paid plans apart from the free plans.
Canva has two paid pricing plans, both plans comes with 30-days free trial where you can test these premium plans for free.
- Canva Pro: $12.99 per month or $119.99 annually
- Canva Enterprise: $30 per month
Features available in Canva pro plan:
- Unlimited folders to organize your designs
- Unlimited storage
- Team collaboration functionalities
- Upload your own images
- Access to millions of images
- Upload custom fonts
- Set colors for your brands
- Resize designs into custom dimensions
- Download designs with transparent background
- Export designs as animated GIFs
- Magically resize your designs
- Priority support
Adobe Spark also offers two paid pricing plans, but their 30-days free-trial comes only with the Individual plan.
- Adobe Spark Individual: $9.99 per month or $99.99 annually
- Adobe Spark Team: $19.99 per month or 99.99 annually
Features available in Adobe Spark premium plan:
- Thousands of free images and icons
- Remove watermark in all your designs
- Export video without watermark
- Branding with your logo, colors etc.
- Access to adobe premium library
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Customer Support
Customer support is an important aspect when deciding to select any online tool. We must check how they handle customer support requests and what are the options available to get help when needed.
Canva provides supports via email as well as on their Facebook and Twitter accounts, but no phone support. You can also visit their help center to get answers to most common questions and watch tutorials on how to use Canva
Adobe Spark provides support via Phone, Email, as well as you can contact them on Twitter and Facebook. They don’t provide any live chat support, but you can raise a support ticket, if you need any help.
Verdict – Customer Support
Both Canva and Adobe Spark offers decent customer support via email.
So, it’s a tie in customer support.
Canva vs Adobe Spark : Conclusion
We have compared both Canva and Adobe Spark on different aspects for selecting the best online designing tool. Now let’s once again check pro’s and cons both these.
- Canva is feature-rich and easy to use
- They offer multiple graphs and charts design templates to help users visualize data
- They provide extensive design and customization options
- Canva offers a free plan
- They provide printing services i.e print your designs and deliver them to you
- Delayed customer service
- Exported JPEG format quality is not good.
Adobe Spark Pros
- Easy to use
- A wide array of templates
- Allows users to create web pages
- Import and record audio in your videos
- A preview link can be sent to a team member for editing
Adobe Spark Cons
- No SVG or GIF download support
- The stock music selection is limited
Canva Vs Adobe Spark: Final Verdict
Both Canva and Adobe Spark are fantastic online graphic designing tool. But in our comparisons, Canva has come on top on most of the aspect.
Adobe Spark provides more features like video, web pages at less price. The right tool for you in between these two depend on your requirements and my opinion are as follows:
Canva is right for you : If you primarily create mostly graphic design and looking for better templates, millions of premium photos, and videos to choose from.
Adobe Spark is right for you: If you mostly create web pages or short video stories and looking for a slightly cheaper option than Canva.