Brands in PrestaShop represents the manufacturer of your product. A brand is a type of product manufactured by manufacturer under unique name like Canon, Samsung, HP, Dell etc. In PrestaShop we can manage both brands from back office.
In this tutorial we will learn how to manage product’s brand in PrestaShop. You can learn about how to manage products in PrestaShop in our previous tutorial Managing Products in PrestaShop 1.7.
Add Product Brand
To add a brand, navigate to Catalog -> Brands & Supplier in the back office of your PrestaShop store. On the page that open there is a list of existing default brands that comes with installation of PrestaShop. To add a new brand click on the Add new Brand button on the top right corner of the page.
Clicking the button will open a page with form for adding brand as shown below:
The options to add brands are
- Name – This field represent the name of the brand. This will be used on frontend and backend.
- Short description – You can type here the short description of the brand. It’s shown on the brand page on your PrestaShop frontend. This field is optional.
- Description – You can enter more detailed description about the brand. The detailed description is shown on the page of the brand on the frontend. This field is optional.
- Logo – You can use this field to upload the logo of the brand. Click on the Browse button to add a new logo from your local computer. The logo will be uploaded after you will save your brand. The logo is displayed on the brand page on PrestaShop frontend.
- Meta title – Enter the name of the brand here. This is use as a tile for the brands page. it is shown in the browser title and in browser tabs. It is also used by search engine in search results.
- Meta description – a short description about the brand that is used by search engines to display in search results.
- Meta keyword – you can type some keyword and phrases that are related to the brand. You can add multiple keyword, to do so enter a keyword and press enter. To delete any keyword click on little cross(x) beside the keyword.
- Enable – You can set the enable to yes to show the brand on the frontend of your PrestaShop store. By default its set to no.
After you have filled all the information, click on save button to add a new brand.
Edit, Delete and Manage Brands
As we know already when we c-, there’s a table that lists the existing brands. To edit the settings of a brand click on the three dots that’s next to its View button and from the drop-down menu select Edit:
This will open the page with the settings for the brand. They are the same as the settings on the form for adding new brand. For a description of these options check the section on adding new brand in this tutorial.
To delete a brand, after you click on the three dots that’s next to its View button in the table select Delete from the drop-down menu. Deleting a brand will not delete any addresses associated with it. To view the addresses and products associated with a brand, click either on the name of the brand or on its View button. In PrestaShop 1.7 the view button is not labeled. It’s an icon that looks like a magnifying glass.
After you click on the button this will open a page that lists all the addresses and products associated with the brand:
For each of the products associated with the brand you’ll see shown its name and quantity. For each address and product there’s an Edit button comes as drop-down after you click three dots. It will redirect you to the form for editing the brand address or product. For each product there’s a Delete button comes as drop-down after you click three dots. Clicking this will remove the product from the catalog altogether.
Add Brand Addresses
You can add one or more addresses to each brand you add to your PrestaShop. there is a separate form in PrestaShop to add Brand’s address. To add a brand, navigate to Catalog -> Brands & Supplier in the back office of your PrestaShop store. Scroll down the page and you will see Addresses section which list the brands addresses.
To add a new brand address click on Add New Brand Address button on the top right corner of the page. This will open a page with form for adding brand address
From the drop-down menu Brand select the brand for which you want to add the address. Note that you can only select enabled brands. If there’s an existing brand that you have added but is disabled, you won’t be able to select it.
After selecting the brand, Fill the details of the address for the brand. The options to fill as as follows:
- Last Name – The last name of the brand selected in the field above.
- First Name – The first name of the brand selected in the field above.
- Address – The name of the street, building number floors etc for the brand
- Address2 – Extra filed to enter address, if not last field is falling short for the address.
- ZIP/Postal Code – ZIP/Postal Code of the brand’s address.
- City – The city of the brand’s address
- Country – The country of the brand.
- State – Enter the state of the brand.
- Home phone – enter the home phone of the brand, however this field is optional.
- Mobile phone – enter the mobile phone of the brand, however this field is optional.
- Other – Any other information you want to give for the brand.
After you have filled all the required information, don’t forget to click the Save button.
Edit and Delete Brand Addresses
To edit brand addresses, navigate to Catalog -> Brands & Supplier in the back office and in the table with the brand addresses click on the row corresponding to the address or on its Edit button ( pencil icon ) in the last column of the table.
To delete a brand address, in the table that lists the existing addresses click on the arrow that’s next to the Edit button for the particular address and from the drop-down menu select Delete
Associate Products with Brand
You can associated a product with a brand when you add or edit that product in PrestaShop. On the form for adding/editing products on the Basic Settings tab, scroll down Brand section, click on button Add a Brand. A drop-down will appear, then select the desired brand from the drop-down.
After you have selected the brand, click on Save button to save the product.