If you are running an online store, regardless of the type and size of your business, the success of your business depends on how efficiently you handle order and fulfillment process. Managing order fulfillment and shipping is key to the success of any online ecommerce business, when your store is smaller, It’s easy to manage, but as your business grow, shipping is not the easiest things to manage.
Today’s buyer are always in hurry, and they want their order to deliver to theme as soon as they have ordered it. When your business grows, and you handle hundreds of orders per day, shipping and order fulfillment becomes a tedious task as you have to manipulate through multiple shipping carriers to ensure the products delivered to your customers all over the world in the best possible time and cost. You definitely need a software solution to automate these task, to handle efficiently handle order and fulfillment to get ahead of the competition.
Fortunately, there are plenty of software solutions available that are specifically developed for the shipping management and one of them are ShipHero. ShipHero is a cloud-based full-service fulfillment solutions and warehouse management software, that helps online stores to manage their order and fulfillment process with ease. In this ShipHero review, we will be looking at all the features it offers, its pricing, its pros and cons, compare it with similar tools and if it is worth your money or not?
- 1 ShipHero Review: Overview
- 2 ShipHero Review: Services Offered
- 3 ShipHero Review: How it Works
- 4 ShipHero Review: Integrations
- 5 ShipHero Review: Reporting
- 6 ShipHero Review: Pricing
- 7 ShipHero Review: Customer Support
- 8 ShipMonk Review: Alternatives
- 9 ShipHero Review: Conclusion
ShipHero Review: Overview
ShipHero is a cloud based full-service fulfillment solutions and warehouse management software for ecommerce merchants and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) providers. It offers tools for managing orders, inventory, barcoding, batch picking, shipping, returns, and more.
ShipHero provides two different services for ecommerce merchants – outsourced fulfillment services and warehouse management Software for brands & 3PLs. It owns and operates warehouses all over the US that fulfill eCommerce orders for high growth D2C brands and Fortune 500 companies. On the other hand, their warehouse management software (WMS) allows other brands and 3PLs to efficiently manage their warehouses.
ShipHero was founded by Aaron Rubin in 2013 after being frustrated with the shipping options available, who owned his lifestyle eCommerce brand. He created ShipHero warehouse management software (WMS) to help ecommerce brands easily ship orders to their customers. Today, they owned warehouses all over the US and daily fulfills ecommerce orders for thousands of high growth D2C brands.
ShipHero sync inventory across multiple ecommerce platforms and online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Shopify, BigCommerce, Walmart, and Etsy. All inventory changes are automatically tracked and updated including receiving, fulfilled orders, restocked returns, cycle counts, and manual updates. Also, they have integrations with multiple shipping providers that gives you the best possible shipping option and allows you to share tracking information with your customers.
Some key features of ShipHero are as follows:
- Access to multiple Stores – ShipHero synchronizes inventory across all connected stores that allow you to manage products across multiple stores, locations, and warehouses, optimize inventory recording, and prioritize where stock is shipped to and from.
- Managing products Barcodes – ShipHero enables you to create, print, edit, manage, and scan barcodes to ensure correct picking of products and quantities, receive purchase orders using manufacturer barcodes, set packages and weights using box barcodes, and more.
- Multiple Warehouses – ShipHero has warehouses at various locations in the US. You have the option to ship your products to one of their warehouses, or you can even send to multiple warehouses based on your customer’s location.
- Vast Integration Partners – ShipMonk can integrate with multiple ecommerce platforms and online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, Shopify, BigCommerce, Walmart, and Etsy etc. It also integrates with various shipping providers such as UPS, USPS, DHL, FedEx and many more to allow you to choose the best shipping method for your orders.
- Routing optimization – ShipHero automatically analyzes routes to find the best way to ship your packages, reducing shipping costs and delivery times.
ShipHero Review: Services Offered
ShipHero offers two different services for ecommerce merchants – outsourced fulfillment services and warehouse management Software for brands & 3PLs. They allow high growth D2C brands and Fortune 500 companies to use their warehouses around the US to fulfill their ecommerce orders. They also provide one of the most advanced warehouse management software that allows brands and 3PL to manage their warehouses.
ShipHero provides cloud-based full-service ecommerce fulfillment services to online stores by fulfilling their orders from warehouses around the US. ShipHero takes care of the entire fulfillment process, from picking and packing to shipment tracking and order management. ShipHero’s system integrates with most ecommerce platforms and works with many popular shipping carriers.
Some advantages of using ShipHero outsourced fulfillment are as follows:
- No-Hassle Onboarding – ShipHero has a simple, hassle-free onboarding process, that even beginners can do with ease. You just need to connect your online store, send your products to their warehouses, and you are ready to ship products to your customers. The integration and setup is always free.
- Transparent, Flat-Rate Shipping = Their pricing are quite transparent, and they even provide you their listing cost and storage cost so that you can budget accordingly. If you require any special services or has any unique needs, you can also get custom quotes from one of their team member.
- Reliable 2-day Delivery – ShipHero has a nationwide network of warehouses, so your customers are always near to them. They can utilize this to ship your products with ground-priority for affordable and eco-friendly delivery within 2 days of shipment.
- Simple Product Returns – ShipHero offers a convenient product returns experience that is simple, transparent, and straightforward and is designed to reduce the cost and time associated with return shipping. They ensure that your products are returned in the same condition as they were received in their warehouses.
- One-click Integrations – ShipHero provides easy integration with lots of ecommerce platforms, online marketplaces, shipping carriers, returns management platforms, and other integrations platform. No matter where you are selling, you can use ShipHero to ship your orders to your customers.
- Inventory Management – Using ShipHero, you can easily manage your product inventory across multiple ecommerce platforms you sell. You can always check the real-time status of your inventory levels.
- Real-Time Tracking & Reporting – The admin dashboard enables you to check the real-time reporting of what product is shipped, how much time and cost it will take to ship to your customers. Your customers are also provided with tracking link, where they can check the status of their shipment.
Warehouse Management Software
ShipHero also provides warehouse management software to manage warehouses of other brands and 3rd party logistics company. It is a cloud-based shipping solution where you’ll get end-to-end automation, native iOS app, custom workflows, and easy integration to your Shopify or ecommerce store.
Some advantages of using ShipHero warehouse management system are as follows:
- Inventory Management – ShipHero WMS provides an inventory management through a single, easy-to-use tool that’s connected to multiple warehouses. You can easily manage how products are automatically allocated to orders and even keep tabs on inventory levels.
- Order Management – You can connect multiple ecommerce platform at a centralized place to manage your orders. You can easily receive order information, send tracking information to customer, find and generate the cheapest shipping label, manage international customs and returns label.
- Mobile Pick and Pack – ShipHero provides mobile tools designed to help your team go paperless and improve warehouse operations. You can do many operations on mobile such as cycle counting, barcode scanning / printing and batched order picking.
- Real-Time Carrier Rate Shopping – You can connect with multiple shipping carriers and use your negotiated rates or take advantages of ShipHero’s discounted shipping prices. You can also set rules for shipments, use the built-in rate shipper for the cheapest rates, record every packed item with smart labels etc.
- Returns Management – ShipHero allows you to simplify returns and improve customer service by adding a self-service returns center on your site. You can also set the rules on which orders should include a pre-printed returns shipping label if you don’t want customers printing their labels. ShipHero also allows you to quickly process exchange orders or refunds directly from their dashboard.
- Reports and Insight – You can get real-time data broken down by store or 3PL client for better oversight and decision-making. ShipHero provides you various type of reporting such as Inventory Reporting, Operational Reporting, Shipments Reporting, Efficiency Reporting and Sales Reporting.
ShipHero Review: How it Works
ShipHero fulfillment helps high-potential brands and 3PLs to grow through their owned and operated warehouses around the US. They ensure that your customers get fast delivery at great pricing, and you have access to world-class software with a fulfillment team that delivers a great experience.
To start using ShipHero fulfillment, you need to connect your online store to ShipHero fulfillment app and send your products to any one of their warehouse. ShipHero can integrate with almost all popular ecommerce platforms, and connecting your store with ShipHero is quite straightforward.
To connect your Shopify store with ShipHero, you just need to download the ShipHero Easy fulfillment App from Shopify app store, log into ShipHero dashboard and click Stores on the left navigation menu, select Shopify from the Add Store dropdown and add your ShipHero location to your store and products. You can get further instructions here.
To connect your Amazon Store to ShipHero, log into ShipHero dashboard and click Stores on the left navigation menu, select Amazon from the Add Store dropdown and complete the below form and click Connect My Amazon Store.
Once your store is connected, you need to send your products to their single warehouse. They have warehouses near the major ports and in the middle of the US that you can send to. They will send trucks from their warehouses at the ports to 5 of their warehouses, which covers the entire US in 2 days or less.
Whenever a customer places an order on your store, ShipHero will pack your orders and will ship on the same day from a warehouse close to your customer. This ensures a fast delivery to your customers, and you also save money on shipping charges. ShipHero provides you and your customer tracking information where you can track your shipment from their warehouse to the customer’s doorstep.
ShipHero Review: Integrations
ShipHero integrates with almost all popular ecommerce platforms and online marketplaces. It also has a great list of integration with shipping carriers and other third-party application.
The list of major integration partners are as follows:
- Magento 2
- Google Express
- Amazon FBA Restock
- Canada Post
- DHL Express
- and many more
Returns Management Platforms
- Loop Returns
- Cart Rover
- Consta Cloud
- Pipe 17
- Viking Consulting
- Channel Advisor
- Inventory Planner
- Order Desk
- SPS Commerce
- Redsky Europe
- and many more
ShipHero Review: Reporting
ShipHero admin dashboard provides you various reports for your storage and shipping of products. You can view shipment report to learn more about your shipment costs and profit. You can check the shipping cost you spend on shipping within the timeframe. You will get the details such as SF shipping cost, total shipments, total items shipped, type of order, cost of each order, ship date and shipping method etc.
The storage report provides you insight into how much inventory you currently have in the warehouse, how long it’s been there, and how much inventory you need to sell to avoid storage charges. You will get the details such as Total Unique SKUs, Started with Total Units, Ended with Total Units, Total Bins Used, Total Micro Bins Used, Total Pallets Used etc.
ShipHero Review: Pricing
ShipHero fulfillment provides list pricing based on weight of the package and their pricing is inclusive of receiving, order processing, picking the product, packing the order, the shipping box and postage. They currently support 3 service levels: Standard (3-7 days), 2 Day and Overnight delivery except Zone 9 which is rated separately. The pricing are as below:
Apart from this, some other charges also apply, as follows:
- Picking: The above pricing includes three units (“picks”) per order. Each additional unit (“pick”) is $0.25 per order.
- DIM: if dimensional weight is greater than the actual weight, dimensional weight is used instead of the package’s actual weight. DIM Weight (Lbs) = L” * W” * H” / 166.
- Oversize charge: an oversize charge applies to packages that exceed 96” in length or 130” in length and girth. Rating will be based on the greatest of the package’s actual rounded weight or dimensional weight, subject to a 90lb minimum billable weight. Any packages over 20lbs must be pre-approved.
- Split shipments: split shipments are not charged separately, instead total weight is used for both shipments and only one shipment is charged.
- Hazardous materials: additional $0.50 per shipment (must provide MSDS and be pre-approved). Minimums may apply.
- CBD products: have separate pricing and can be found here. Package weight: Package weights are rounded up when billed, example: 1.54lbs is rounded up to 2lbs.
ShipHero warehouse management software pricing for brands starts from $1,850 / month which includes 5 user seats, 10 store connections. Whereas for 3PL the pricing starts from $1,995/ month which includes 5 user seats. Additional store connections are charges at $30/each and additional user are charged at $150/user.
ShipHero Review: Customer Support
ShipHero provides customer support center on their website, where you can contact in case you require any help or assistance in their services. You can also chat with them by clicking the icon on the bottom right of their website to get answers to your queries. They also provides good resources of their website to get started with their services such as blog, case studies, podcast, video tutorals etc.
They also have an active YouTube channel that you can subscribe to get the latest information about their services. You can also schedule a call form ShipHero on their website.
ShipMonk Review: Alternatives
ShipHero is a great fulfillment solutions and warehouse management software for ecommerce merchants and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) providers, but there are some other tools also that are as good as ShipHero. Let’s have a look at some of them:
- ShipMonk – ShipMonk is a cloud-based automated platform that enables order fulfillment and shipping solution for ecommerce business. It integrates with your ecommerce platform and allows you to manage order fulfillment and shipping. ShipMonk also has their warehouses at various location all over the US so that you can ship your products to their warehouses in bulk, and they can dispatch the orders as soon as it is placed.
- Shippo – Shippo is a cloud-based shipping software that you can connect with your ecommerce store for shipping solution and management. It will help you manage your entire shipping and return management for your ecommerce store. The pay as you go plan is great for small ecommerce merchants, as there are absolutely no commitments attached to this plan at $0.05 per shipment (plus the cost of postage).
- ShippingEasy – ShippingEasy is a software-as-a-service solution that you can use to streamline your business fulfillment operations. You can integrate it with various ecommerce platforms, online marketplaces, shipping carriers, payment gateway solutions, and other sales channels. It also offers completely free trial on all packages and doesn’t require a credit card and also offers a starter package for FREE to ship a maximum of 50 packages per month.
- EasyShip – EasyShip is also a cloud-based tool for managing the entire shipping and order fulfillment process. It integrates seamlessly with many sales channels such as ecommerce platforms, online marketplaces, shipping carriers, payment gateway solutions etc. It offers a FREE package to ship a maximum of 100 packages per month and after that, the cheapest plan is $29 / month.
ShipHero Review: Conclusion
We have reviewed all the features of ShipHero and also mentioned some of its alternative, ShipHero is a cloud based full-service fulfillment solutions and warehouse management software for brands and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) providers. It provides great services but is mostly suitable for established ecommerce merchants who sold at least two hundred orders per day.
The pricing of this product may not be suitable for smaller ecommerce merchant, and they may end up paying more for their shipments. Those with low budget or just starting out may look at Pirate Ship or Shippo for their order and shipping fulfillment process.