The e-learning and online course market are experiencing huge growth in the past few years just like online store and dropshipping business, and recent social distancing norms has fueled it even more. As more and more people are opting for online learning program over conventional classroom program, it is set to grow even more in the future.
According to research, e-learning and online course market will be worth $325 billion by 2025. This is the best time to tap into the market and sell online courses. If you have knowledge that you want to share with others and earn money, then you should definitely consider creating an online course.
There are many platforms are available to create online courses and sell it. LearnWorlds is a relatively new online course platforms that becoming more and more popular due to its features and low pricing plans.
In this LearnWorlds review, we will how this platform works, its pros and cons, features, and compare it with similar tools to find out if it is worth your money or not?
- 1 LearnWorlds Review: Overview
- 2 LearnWorlds Review: Getting Started
- 3 LearnWorlds Review: Creating A Course
- 4 LearnWorlds Review: Creating Course Bundle
- 5 LearnWorlds Review: Building a School Website
- 6 LearnWorlds Review: Integrations
- 7 LearnWorlds Review: Marketing Tools
- 8 LearnWorlds Review: Pricing
- 9 LearnWorlds Review: Customer Support
- 10 LearnWorlds Review: Alternatives
- 11 LearnWorlds Review: Conclusion
LearnWorlds Review: Overview
LearnWorlds is an easy-to-use online platform that allows individuals and enterprises to create and sell online courses. LearnWorlds not only allows you to create courses, but it also offers a powerful suite of sales tools, robust analytics, and tons of integrations for third-party marketing tools.
LearnWorlds is a cloud-based platform that’s equally great for an individual trainer as well as large training organization. So whether you are an individual trainer with a few dozen students or a large training organization with thousands of students, you can utilize LearnWorlds to deliver your online course to your students with ease.
Apart from selling online courses, LearnWorlds provides built-in social networks, beautiful landing page templates, online site builder, great integrations and advanced Analytics for designing a holistic online learning experience.
Some features of LearnWorlds are as follows:
- You can create unlimited number of courses
- You can create Landing and sales pages
- LearnWorlds provides an easy-to-use course builder
- Access to a video library and also upload your videos
- You can offer digital downloads to your students
- Access to built-in social networks
- Access to interactive engagement tools
- Landing page templates and themes
- Fully white label and can use custom domain
- Custom native mobile apps
- Integration with Zapier, Zoho, and other marketing tools
- 30 Days Free Trial Available
- 24/7 customer support
This is just a list of major features of LearnWorlds, It provides an extensive list of features based on the pricing plan you select.
LearnWorlds Review: Getting Started
To get started with LearnWorlds and start creating your first online course, head over to LearnWorlds website and sign up for their 30-days free trial by entering your email address and choosing the school name.
Once you have entered the required information, you will be asked for some more details such as set your password, set name for your school, set color scheme and website theme, set up the language, timezone and currency. Once done, you will be directed to the LearnWorlds dashboard.
When you first log in to your dashboard, it will welcome with you few setup wizards like to set up your school, create a course, create landing page etc. Video tutorials are also provided for each step, which are great for beginners.
LearnWorlds Review: Creating A Course
The main purpose of the LearnWorlds is to create and deliver online digital courses to students. To create a course in LearnWorlds, click on the link Create Course on the top left of the page. It will pop up a course creation wizard, and the first step is to give a name to your course.
Make sure to enter a catchy and memorable name for your course that capture the imagination of your students. Also, keep it short and don’t forget to add SEO. The next step is to give your course a SEO friendly URL slug.
URL is important for the SEO, so try to keep it short, use the keywords of your course title and use dashes (-) between words. The next step is to select the access type of your course.
These are several access types of your course that you can select. These are as follows:
- Paid – The course will be paid at a price set by you and will only be accessible to users that purchased it through the site or manually added by the administrator.
- Draft – The course will be in draft mode and will not be visible to your users. This is great if the course is in development stage and not yet published.
- Coming Soon – The course will be published but not visible to your users, and it will not allow enrollment. The course card will be shown as the course will begin soon in the near future.
- Free – The course will be free and accessible to everyone. The user can instantly enroll in the course and study the course. This is great if you are just starting out and want to create a student base for your upcoming courses.
- Private – These courses will be private and unpublished, so it will not be visible in the course catalog. These courses can only be accessible to those who are manually added by the administrator.
Select the access type for your course, if you select the access type as paid then the next step will be to set the price for your course as shown below:
Set your desired price for the course, you can also set a discounted price to promote your course by selecting the Offer discount checkbox and entering the discounted price in the field provided below.
The next step is to upload an image for your course and provide a description for your course.
Upload am image for your course that resonate with your target audience and is easy to remember. The description of the course is important for selling point, s try to make it short, simple and list course benefits precisely.
The last step of the wizard is to select the drip feed your course. Drip feeding is a process of delivering course content at timely schedule so that students don’t get it all at once.
You can either choose drip by days or drop by date. In drip by days, the course content will be unlocked on next day of starting the course whereas in drop by date the course content will be unlocked on custom schedule.
Once all steps are completed, it will take you to the course dashboard where you can change the course layout, create contents for the course, add videos etc.
To create the content for your course, you need to create sections and each section can contain a video, slideshow, PDF etc. To create contents for your course, navigate to the Contents tab on the course dashboard and click on the button Add Section. On the popup window you can set the section name, description and access type.
Once the section is added, you can add contents to sections by using the button Add an activity and add different type of content such as video, slideshow, PDF etc.
If you want to add a section as a video, you either need to select the video from YouTube, Vimeo or you can also add custom video to the section by uploading your video. To use your videos, you need to first upload it to the video library, to do it navigate to Video Library tab and upload the video by clicking the button Add video.
Once the video is uploaded, you can add it to the course section by navigating to Contents tab and editing the Settings for an activity and selecting the uploaded video from the course video library.
Using the same procedure, you add more sections and contents to your course to complete the course creation process.
LearnWorlds Review: Creating Course Bundle
LearnWorlds also allows you to create Course Bundles, using which you can easily create a bundle of courses, with a special title and description, and offer it at a special price. This allows you to better manage your courses, helps in promoting your courses and also makes it easier for your students to buy several courses at once, with just a few clicks!
To create a course bundle, navigate to Marketing ⇉ Bundles in LearnWorlds dashboard and click on the button Create bundle to start creating the course bundle. It will open a popup window to fill the details of the new course bundle.
Enter the title for your course bundle and provide a brief description for your course bundle. In the next field, select a thumbnail for your bundle. For the field Courses included, select the courses you want to include in the bundle from the drop-down.
The next field allows you to set the discounted price for the bundle course. The discounted price should be less than the sum of the course prices included in the bundle.
The next field is Access field, where you can set the access type for the course bundle. There are two types of access available – Draft and Public. The draft mode means the course is not yet available for purchase, as you are still developing it. The public mode means the course is available for purchase in your school.
The next field is After purchase navigation, which allows you to specify where the user will be navigated after the purchase is completed. There are few options for that, such as:
- After login page – The students will be directed to after login page where they will see all their newly bought courses.
- Thank you page – The students will be directed to a custom designed thank you page where you can even upsell other related courses.
- Another page – The students will be directed to a school page of your choice (of all those created with the Pages Builder).
- Specific URL – The students will be directed to a particular URL specified by you.
The last field while creating a course bundle is Apply to all, which you can select to apply the same After purchase navigation to setting to all your bundles. Once all steps are completed, it will take you to the bundle’s dashboard where you can edit bundle page, edit properties and delete bundle from the action menu.
LearnWorlds Review: Building a School Website
LearnWorlds allow you to create beautiful and attractive online school using their page builder by selected from thousands of magic templates. To do so, navigate to Page Builder from the menu in the dashboard. It will display you your current school website and several options to edit it.
You can click the button Edit School Site to start editing your school site. You can change the layout of the school site, change the content, images, text, edit buttons, add or delete section and more using their drag and drop feature. The changes will be shown real-time on the screen.
Using the top page menu, you can do various design changes to your school site. For example, you can navigate to Design ⇾ Theme Explorer from the top menu to select various design themes such as colors, fonts and layout.
You can also change the particular color, fonts and layout of your school site by navigating to tabs next to Theme Explorer such as Colors, Typography, Buttons & Inputs and Layouts etc.
You can even change the default site navigation by navigating to Site ⇾ Site Navigation from the top menu and change the various default site navigation such as Home page, Start Page, Payment Flow, Log out URL etc.
There are other things also that you can control and edit in LearnWorlds site builder like upload logo, make pop up etc. To do so, click on the button Exit Site Builder on the top-left of the page, and you will be exited editor and navigated to site builder menu.
You can change your school site sign in and sign up form by navigating to Sign in/up form from the left side menu. It will display you the current sign in/up form as well some option to change it.
There are various templates shown on the right side to choose from, you can select your desired template and click on Save button to change it. You can also change your school site logo and favicon by navigating to Logo & Favicon from the left side menu. It will display you the form to change the site logo and favicon.
You can upload logo and favicon to change your school site logo and favicon. Apart from this, there are also various settings you can change in site builder such as setup blog, setup custom domain etc.
LearnWorlds Review: Integrations
LearnWorlds integrates with all major payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout etc. So, you are not limited to receive payments from a single payment gateway and you can provide multiple options for your students to pay for the courses.
One of the most important integration it provides is with Zapier. Zapier is an automation tool that allows you to connect with thousands of other applications and tools.
You can also create live classes with the integration with Zoom, that allows you to create live sessions, 1-on-1 coaching sessions, or consultations. There are various marketing tools integration are also available such as MailChimp, AWeber, ConvertKit, HubSpot, and ActiveCampaign. These integrations will help you automate your online marketing, email campaigns and helps you promote your courses to a wider reach.
You can also integrate LearnWorlds with Google Analytics and Google Search Verification, which helps your site rank better in search results, getting more traffic and analyzing the data for your site.
Apart from these integrations, LearnWorlds also offer other useful integration as follows:
- Google Tag Manager
- Tawk To
- and many more
LearnWorlds Review: Marketing Tools
Creating a course may be easy but selling it takes many efforts, maybe you have created the best course in the world, but it’s useless if you can’t market it properly and get sales.
LearnWorlds provides some great marketing tools to help you get started with your sales. You can create landing pages, blog, promotions, discounts, one-click sales funnels and affiliate program to market your course and get more student’s enrollment.
You can create beautiful landing pages by navigating to site builder and adding a new landing page. You can select a design from the available templates and edit it as per your requirements.
There are endless options available for landing pages customization, and you can archive anything you want using LearnWorlds site builder.
You can also set up a blog for your school site, to promote your course with consistent content and attract organic traffic to your school site. To achieve this, navigate to Site Builder in the dashboard and select Blog Setup under Site Tools.
You can also create a one-click sales funnel to sell courses, subscriptions, or bundles. The procedure for creating for sales funnel is similar to creating a landing pages and selecting one-click sales funnel templates and edit it as per your needs. One-click sales page are single page template where the entire funnel is placed.
LearnWorlds also allows you to manage affiliate program for your online courses and manage it easily from the dashboard. This will help you build a network of affiliates with influencers, bloggers, and others to increase leads and conversions in the long term.
LearnWorlds Review: Pricing
Pricing is an important factor while deciding an online course platform, especially for those starting out. LearnWorlds offers four different pricing plans.
- Starter Plan – Starter plan comes with basic features and are ideal for those who are just starting out and want to build a smaller course. This plan comes with unlimited paid courses, custom domain, $5 fee per course sale, site builder (3 pages), 5 payment gateways, basic integrations and 24/5 e-mail support. The cost for this plan is $24 / month when purchased annually and $29/ month when purchased monthly.
- Pro Trainer Plan – This plan comes with more features than starter plans. It includes everything in basic plan plus no transaction fees, Up to 5 Admins, unlimited courses, landing pages, sales pages, subscriptions. SSL certificate. Course certificates. Advanced Zapier & Premium Integrations, Affiliate Management, Live Classes & Webinars via Zoom & Webex and 24/7 Priority e-mail support. The cost for this plan is $79 / month when purchased annually and $99/ month when purchased monthly.
- Learning Center Plan – This plan contains everything in other two plans plus more features such as 20 Admins / Instructors, Auto-Transcripts & Subtitles for your Videos, Course Insights Reports, Scheduled automated reports, Advanced Affiliate Management, Integrations with API, Custom iOS & Android App (extra fee), 1 hour Premium Onboarding and 24/7 Premium Support. This plan costs $249 / month when purchased annually and $299/ month when purchased monthly.
Apart from these three pricing plans, LearnWorlds also offers High-volume & Corporate plan that comes with Tailored pricing options and offers extra features such as Additional Admins. Custom bulk enrollments, Branded corporate academy, 99.95% Server Uptime, Premium Cloud Servers, Dedicated Account Manager, Optional SLA, Flexible Invoicing, Custom Reports & Services and Premium Support options.
LearnWorlds Review: Customer Support
Depending on the plan you have purchased, you will get different level of customer support. If you buy a higher pricing plan, you’ll get better customer support.
The main support provided by LearnWorlds are email support, with higher plan you’ll get 24/7 email support however with basic plan, you will get only 24/5 email support. LearnWorlds doesn’t provide any phone support or chat support as of now.
LearnWorlds provides access to the most commonly asked questions and answers to all its users. LearnWorlds also provides an impressive library of courses and webinars that allows you to get acquainted with how to create content, how to make great courses, and how to beat the competitors.
LearnWorlds Review: Alternatives
LearnWorlds is a great tool to create and manage online courses, but there are some other tools also that are as good. Let’s have a look at some of them:
- Teachable – Teachable is one of the most popular online course building platform that is used and trusted by over 85000 instructors and over 23 million students worldwide. The platform is easy to use and provides everything you need to create and sell online courses. Teachable is very affordable that comes with completely free plan, and their paid plan starts from $29 / month.
- Kajabi – Kajabi is an all-in-one online business platform that allows to create website, create online courses, launch marketing campaigns, create landing pages, and manage your contacts and lists all from one place. You don’t need any other software to run your business when using Kajabi, and it’s highly customizable that comes with lots of features. The downside of Kajabi is it’s very highly prices and its doesn’t offer any free plan, their paid plan starts from $110 / month.
- Thinkific – Thinkific is a powerful all-in-one platform that enables you to create and sell online courses. It is easy to use and also provides a comprehensive knowledge base full of tutorials and webinars to help you get started. It provides everything you need to create, market, sell and manage your online course, and you can even replace your existing website with Thinkific site to manage everything at one place. Thinkific offers a free plan as well, and their paid plan starts from $49 / month.
LearnWorlds Review: Conclusion
Based on our LearnWorlds review, this is a great platform for creating and selling online courses. You can even manage your whole school online using it, and you get secure cloud-hosting and marketing features.
It also provides great customization features that allows you to create beautiful school website, and they also offer 30-days trial that you can make use of before deciding for their paid plan.