Dropshipping is a very profitable and easy to start business model that needs very little upfront to start and is very popular among new ecommerce merchants. The worldwide dropshipping business was valued at US$ 162.44 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach US$ 591.77 billion by 2027.
Shopify is one of the most preferred ecommerce platform to start dropshipping business. It comes with many apps on Shopify app store that allows you to find dropship products and automate the whole dropshipping business. Spocket and Oberlo is two of the most popular apps on Shopify app store that are commonly used for creating dropshipping store.
All you need is to integrate your Shopify store with Spocket or Oberlo and you can easily create and manage your dropshipping business. Both apps are designed to import products directly to your Shopify store and connect to your suppliers and automate the whole process. In this Spocket vs Oberlo comparison, we will find out which one is best for you?
- 1 What is Spocket?
- 2 What is Oberlo?
- 3 Spocket vs. Oberlo : Getting Started
- 4 Spocket vs. Oberlo: Product Sourcing
- 5 Spocket vs. Oberlo: Branding
- 6 Spocket vs. Oberlo: Product Deliveries
- 7 Spocket vs Oberlo: Integrations
- 8 Spocket vs Oberlo: Customer Support
- 9 Spocket Vs Oberlo – Pricing
- 10 Spocket vs Oberlo: Conclusion
What is Spocket?
Spocket is a dropshipping app for eCommerce platforms and integrates with both Shopify and Woo-Commerce stores. Within a few clicks, you can start your dropshipping business selling products from suppliers located in both the US and the EU.
The primary difference between Spocket and other dropshipping apps is that most other apps focus on product sourcing from AliExpress, whereas the main suppliers of Spocket is from US, Europe, and Australia etc.
Spocket has tens of thousands of products, including print-on-demand products to choose from different categories, different suppliers and different locations. You can even order sample products from a variety of suppliers on Spocket. Using this you can check the quality of the product as well as the speed of your product delivery.
Features Of Spocket
Some features of Spocket are as follows:
- 2-5 Days Shipping Time – This is one of the great features of Spocket, they offer 2-5 days shipping time for the products. While importing the products to your Shopify store you can select the products based on your customers location. This gives you the ability to ship the products to your customers in just 2-5 days. Early shipping of products makes your customers happy and help in growing your dropshipping business.
- One Click Import – Spocket allow you to import the products in your Shopify store with a click of a button. Also, in the import list, there is an option to modify products as per your needs before importing it to your Shopify store. This enables to modify products description as well as change products price to suit your profit margin.
- Automated Order Process – Once a customer purchased products from your store the order details will be automatically sent to the supplier to process the order. This means orders are sent immediately after receiving an email confirmation and the supplier will ship the products instantly to the customers. You can track all the details as well as status of the order from the dashboard.
- High-Quality Products- Spocket focus on high-quality products from US and EU suppliers. Spocket works only with reliable suppliers, who produce high-quality products so that merchants can be proud to sell to their customers.
- Better Margin – The profit margins in any other dropshipping suppliers are 15-45% whereas in Spocket products are sourced at better discounts and profit margins are 30 – 60%. This means merchants can earn more with every sale which helps in prospering the business.
What is Oberlo?
Oberlo allows you to easily import products from AliExpress with just a click button and also fulfill the orders and have it shipped to your customers. Oberlo works exclusively for Shopify and you can’t use it any other platform such as WordPress or WooCommerce.
Oberlo makes it easy to find products from suppliers all over the worlds and add them to your own online store to sell online. After you have made a sale, the supplier will directly ship the products to your customer.
Features Of Oberlo
Some features of Oberlo are as follows:
- Automated Product Import – Just like Spocket, Oberlo also offers automated product import features. On the Oberlo app search for the products and click on the import button to import the products in the import list. After all the products are added to the import list, you just need to click on the button Add to Store and all products will be imported automatically to your Shopify store.
- Automated Order Fulfillment – Whenever a customer purchase any product from your web store, the order details will be automatically sent to the supplier to process the order. All you need to do is press the Order button and rest will be handled by Oberlo. You can track all the details as well as status of the order from the dashboard.
- E-Packet Filter – Oberlo uses the e-packet filter feature to find the products with faster shipping time. E-packet filter enables you to cut your shipping cost and allows you to deliver the products to your customer faster.
- Product Customization – AliExpress product description are usually bad and not so good for SEO, thus Oberlo allows you to change the product description. Apart from changing the product description to make it attractive and appealing, Oberlo also allows you to edit or add new images to your products.
- Oberlo Supply – Oberlo Supply is a list of verified Oberlo suppliers. These are the top-rated suppliers with the highest quality of services and customer satisfaction. These suppliers are hand-picked by the Oberlo team based on their performance, track records and ratings over a period of time.
Spocket vs. Oberlo : Getting Started
Spocket Getting Started
As I have already stated, Spocket can be directly integrated with Shopify stores as well as other platforms also. The first step is to create an account on Shopify by entering your email address clicking the Start Free Trial button.
Shopify will ask you a few questions to set up your store like whether you have an existing store and then have you enter your name and address—you should add your business address if you have one.
Shopify will automatically create a new store for you like
yourname.myshopify.com and you’ll be redirected to your dashboard.
Click on the button Add app to add Spocket app to your store. On the next page click on the button Install app to install the app on your store.
You will be redirected to the Spocket drop shipping dashboard. Here you can search for the products you want to sell in your Shopify store.
To search a products in Spocket app, click on the menu Search Products on the left and search for the term on the search bar above. You can also select the categories from the drop-down,
You can narrow down the search by filters like Price and Location, Suppliers etc by using Filters, which appear to the top of your product search results.
After you have decided the products to sell on your store, you can select those products in Spocket dashboard by clicking the button Add to import list that appear when hover on the product:
This will add the product to the Spocket’s import list. After you have added the products to Spocket’s import list, it’s time to import these products in your Shopify dropship store.
To import products in Shopify’s dropship store, navigate to Import List from the left side menu, and you will be presented with the current selected products. To import the products in your store, click on the button Push to store for a particular product.
You can also bulk import the products by clicking the button Push Current Page that appears above the product list.
Oberlo Getting Started
Oberlo can also be directly integrated with Shopify and the obvious first step is to create an account on Shopify as described in last section. After you have created the Shopify store, you can add the Oberlo app to your Shopify store. Go to Shopify apps page and search for the Oberlo or you can directly go to Oberlo ‑ Dropshipping App on Shopify.
Click on the button Add app to add Oberlo app to your store. On the next page click on the button Install appto install the app on your store.
You will be redirected to the Oberlo drop shipping dashboard. Here you can search for the products you want to sell in your Shopify store.
To search products in Oberlo app, click on the menu Search Products on the left and search for the term on the search bar above. You can also select the categories from the drop-down
You can narrow down the search by filters like Price and Order count by using filters, which appear to the left of your product search results.
After you have decided the products to sell on your store, you can select those products in Oberlo dashboard by clicking the button Add to import list appear when hover on the product:
This will add the product to the Oberlo’s import list. After you have added the products to Oberon’s import list, it’s time to import these products in your Shopify dropship store.
To import products in Shopify’s dropship store, navigate to Import List from the left side menu, and you will be presented with the current selected products. To import the products in your store, click on the button Import to store for a particular store.
You can also select several products and bulk import the products by clicking the button Import all to store that appears above the product list.
Spocket vs. Oberlo: Product Sourcing
Spocket Product Sourcing
Spocket source its products from suppliers located in US, UK, EU and also few merchants based in New Zealand and Australia. This is what makes Spocket different from other drop-shipping apps ad most of those focus to source product from AliExpress.
This makes the quality of Spocket products better than its competition and also Spocket chooses its suppliers after the thorough quality check by their team. It makes you free from the hard work to do the research to find quality suppliers, and you can be sure that you’re buying from reliable suppliers. The brief of Spocket’s standard are as follows:
A supplier needs to register on Spocket to become the part of Spocket’s supplier network. Also, the supplier’s product must be in demand, and they must be willing to ship their products in neutral packaging, and they must be able to offer a discount of 30 to 60 percent to Spocket users.
After the supplier is registered, Spocket interviews them before they are allowed to enter into the Spocket marketplace. This is done to learn about the suppliers market and sales history and helps Spocket’s team to know more about the suppliers as well as how they will be fit for the marketplace.
Finally, before allowing the supplier to list their products in the marketplace, Spocket orders some sample products from these suppliers to test the quality of the products, packaging and delivery timeline for the products.
When a supplier passed all these requirements then only they can sell in their marketplace. Spocket also monitors the performance of suppliers for the first two months and ensure these quality checks. If any supplier fails to adhere these quality requirements they are deactivated and the merchants who have listed their products are informed.
Oberlo Product Sourcing
Oberlo is a Shopify app and source their products from AliExpress, a China based ecommerce portal. AliExpress is a giant b2b marketplace, where thousands of vendors sell millions of products from various categories.
Only few sellers on AliExpress are verified and to deal with it, Oberlo has divided its suppliers into three groups
- AliExpress Suppliers – These suppliers have warehouse in China and nearby countries, and they provide free shipping also. Usually, the shipping is very slow and order fulfillment from supplier to customers usually takes 30 days.
- Oberlo Suppliers – These are the suppliers those are verified by the Oberlo and Oberlo has analyzed the suppliers operations, warehouse, records, shipping operations, and support. So, these suppliers are more reliable than AliExpress Suppliers.
- Oberlo Verified Suppliers – These suppliers are evaluated by Oberlo and have great ratings with at least 95 percent order shipped and delivered on time as well as less than 2 percent of dispute rates. These suppliers are most reliable and trustworthy.
Spocket vs. Oberlo: Branding
Branding is important for your drop-shipping store to make better relationships with your customers. Both Spocket and Oberlo guarantees that no promotional materials, supplier invoice or any flyers will be sent yo your customers by any suppliers.
Both Spocket and Oberlo provides neutral generic packaging along with products. Spocket goes one step ahead and even attach your store’s invoice with your store’s name, contact details, your brand, and a private note from you to the client.
Spocket vs. Oberlo: Product Deliveries
Timely delivery of products to your customers are important for your store, as many customers cancels their order if the shipping time is more than a week. The most common problem of Oberlo is their delivery time as they ship products from AliExpress, China. So, it takes more time to reach products to customers, however you can reduce this time by using the facility of E-packet filter.
On the other hand, Spocket deliveries are faster than Oberlo, as their suppliers are based in US and EU. It takes from 2-7 days to reach the products to your customers while using Spocket app.
Spocket vs Oberlo: Integrations
Oberlo is Shopify’s own drop-shipping app, and it is only integrated with Shopify. On the other hand, apart from Shopify Spocket is also integrated with handful of other ecommerce platforms such as AliScraper, WooCommerce, Squarespace, Felex, Ecwld etc.
Spocket vs Oberlo: Customer Support
Both Spocket and Oberlo offers 24 X 7 customer support via their in-app facilities. Spocket provides lots of how-tos, articles, case studies, tips & tricks and blog on their website to help their customers. They also have learning academy where they offer various free and paid online courses for drop shipping business.
Oberlo also has tons of resources available for their customers such as Oberlo 101 course, podcasts, videos, and a free e-book with lots of tips and tricks related to drop shipping business.
Spocket Vs Oberlo – Pricing
Spocket Pricing & Plans
Spocket offers 4 different pricing plans as follows:
- Basic- $0 per month
- Starter – $24 per month
- Pro – $49 per month
- Empire – $99 per month
Oberlo Pricing & Plans
Oberlo also offers similar three tiers of pricing plans as follows:
- Explorer – Free
- Grad – $7.90 per month
- Boss – $29.90 per month